[IRCServices] 2Q.: ptlink convert and init_module?

Andrew Church achurch at achurch.org
Thu Sep 21 14:26:23 PDT 2006

>i actually use ptlink services and I'm going to use ircservices.
>so i tried the convert-db, but it doesn't work ... here is the error:
>Wrong version number on /home/xxpt/data/nick.db

     It looks like there have been some new versions of the PTlink
Services program released since my last update to convert-db, so the file
format isn't recognized.  I'll take a look at them and see about updating
convert-db so you can convert your databases.

>the other problem is, the services won't start with the sendpass module.
>[Sep 16 21:55:34 2006] IRC Services 5.0.58 starting up
>[Sep 16 21:55:34 2006] nickserv/sendpass: Trapdoor (one-way) encryption in
>use; SENDPASS cannot be used

     As this log message says, you cannot use SENDPASS with one-way
encryption methods, of which MD5 is one.  Services 5.1 (currently in
alpha) will provide an alternate method, the REAUTH command, for users to
deal with forgotten passwords.

  --Andrew Church
    achurch at achurch.org
    http://achurch.org/