[IRCServices] using the xml module for data bases

Andrew Church achurch at achurch.org
Tue Nov 14 09:42:30 PST 2006

>Hi, I was wondering if it is possible to use services data bases as
>normal xml files rather then the normal data base format.  This way the
>data would be readable and not needing any conversion to and from xml format.

     This is not possible by design.  XML is a data interchange format, not
a data storage format, and I do not consider it suitable for persistent
storage of Services' databases.  I will not entertain suggestions for
adding an XML database module, though you are of course free to write your
own.

  --Andrew Church
    achurch at achurch.org
    http://achurch.org/