[IRCServices] Re: NS AJOIN and CS SET RESTRICTED

Robin Burchell surreal.w00t at gmail.com
Sat Jan 6 10:53:50 PST 2007

Yes, there was a desync, as we only apply restrictions locally,
however SVSJOIN tried to JoinUser to the channel on every server --
not their local one, appearing to bypass the bans, etc (now fixed in
SVN/upcoming b9).

That's all fixed now, though.

Is there any point allowing AJOIN to a restricted channel if you're
not on the access list though? That seems like it could be used to
create joinfloods of a sort.

Thanks for the reply.