[IRCServices] IrcServices enforcing +R

Aragon Gouveia aragon at phat.za.net
Thu Mar 29 08:26:13 PDT 2007

| By Andrew Church <achurch at achurch.org>
|                                          [ 2007-03-29 17:09 +0200 ]
> P.S. If you disagree with my decision, you are of course free to write
> (and distribute, if you so choose) a patch.  That's what open source is
> about, after all.  You would, however, be well advised to consider the
> varied effects of netsplits and netjoins, particularly with respect to
> colliding channels and clients in them at netjoin time.

Indeed, and this is a very simple patch from my brief look at it.  See lines
330-337 of modules/chanserv/check.c.  Commenting that block should stop the
behaviour in the case of +R enforcement.

However, FWIW, I do think it'd be useful to permit channel owners to decide
what level of enforcement they want chanserv to perform in their channel.
Maybe something for 5.1 or future versions?

Regards,
Aragon