[IRCServices] ircservices-5.1pre0 Problems

Andrew Church achurch at achurch.org
Mon May 14 00:57:54 PDT 2007

>Today we tried new beta release,
>And we come across some problems...Here is the list... (Converted DB from
>5.0.* and Unreal IRCD)
>
>1- Translations arent ready.

     Unfortunately, many of the volunteers who have previously helped with
translating Services no longer have time to do so.  The following languages
have been updated for version 5.1: Spanish, Hungarian, Japanese, and Dutch.
Assistance is, of course, welcome in bringing the other language files
(German, French, Russian, and Turkish) up to date.

>2- Founders of the channels dont get +q when they join the channel but they
>get +a.

     This is a design change in version 5.1, as the use and functionality
of a "channel owner" mode such as +q varies too much between different
protocols for Services to make any effective use of it.

>3- Mlocks are gone after the convert.

     My sincere apologies; I have no idea how this slipped in, but this
problem does indeed exist in the XML data importer.  I'll fix it and make
a new release immediately.

>4- In some channels when you voice someone, chanserv makes -ao even they
>dont have access. But if they left the channel and come back. No problem
>occurs.

     Can you describe this in more detail (such as a log of the problem
occurring)?

  --Andrew Church
    achurch at achurch.org
    http://achurch.org/