[IRCServices] Database version 4.5 won't work on 5.0

Jens Rogier jens.rogier at gmail.com
Wed Aug 8 18:07:14 PDT 2007

Hi all,

I'm working with ircservices version 4.5.35 for quite a while. A few weeks
ago I decided to upgrade to the newest version (5.0.62).
I copied the data files for nickserv and chanserv etc to the new services
folder, started the services and was only half-happy.

The nickserv datafile loaded without any problems, all the registered nicks
were still there. The chanserv list though has some problems.
All the registered channels weren't registered anymore, and when the
services shut down, the database file was as good as empty.

Now, after many hours of research, the only thing I could find was the
promise that all v4 database files CAN be used in v5.
What can I possibly do wrong?

Greetings.