[IRCServices] 5.1 InspIRCd protocol

Robin Burchell surreal.w00t at gmail.com
Mon Sep 10 02:43:51 PDT 2007

You should not (really) send MODE on any channel mode changes, as we
use a protocol increasingly alike to TS6, and use of MODE (which is
not timestamped) can cause problems in such a setup.

However, as ircservices isn't really TS aware (doesn't have a TS
parameter for channel creation, channel mode, etc) - then sending MODE
is your only option, unless you wish to correct that

That aside, MODE 0 looks a little incorrect anyway, given 0 isn't
exactly a channel name ;p