[IRCServices] Final call for comments

Andrew Church achurch at achurch.org
Thu Oct 4 01:20:52 PDT 2007

>NickServ recover -- when you use the recover command, the word password
>is missing from the notice that NickServ gives when you use the recover
>command.
>
>-NickServ- The user claiming your nickname has been killed. Type /msg
>NickServ RELEASE Casey to get it back before the one-minute timeout.

Thanks for pointing this out; I've updated the message to include the
password in the RELEASE syntax.

>ChanServ topiclock -- you can only set the topic by ChanServ topic - is
>it possible to also set the topic when you do /topic #channel
>topic-message yourself?

No; TOPICLOCK prevents the topic from being changed at all, except
through the TOPIC command.  I understand your suggestion that /topic
could be treated the same way, but at this point I don't want to change
the option's behavior.  I will add this to the manual's list of
suggestions for future versions.

>When you have topiclock on with no topic, when a user who has not got
>topic access, sets the topic with /topic #channel topic-message,
>ChanServ does not remove the topic.

This appears to be a shortcoming in InspIRCd, in that it does not allow
an empty topic to be set by Services (FTOPIC server messages with an
empty topic are ignored).

  --Andrew Church
    achurch at achurch.org
    http://achurch.org/