[IRCServices] EnableAnopeWorkaround doesn't work with db imported from anope-1.7.18 using enc_old

Andrew Church achurch at achurch.org
Fri Oct 12 12:58:10 PDT 2007

>All passwords that I've confirmed not to work have been set after the upgrade to anope-1.7.18
>Those that I know to have been in effect for a long time - set while we were running a previous version of anope - did get the correct tag.
>Perhaps this is a bug in anope? If it helps I will send you copies of the nick database privately

Yes, it seems that this is the case, though it's perhaps not so much a
"bug" as a design choice (a misguided one, in my opinion, though I made
the same mistake myself in Services 5.0): recent versions of Anope do not
record whether a nickname's password is encrypted or not.  I'll look into
adding a workaround in the next release, but as you suggest, simply adding
an appropriate "cipher" attribute to each password will fix the problem
for now.

  --Andrew Church
    achurch at achurch.org
    http://achurch.org/