[IRCServices] SECUREOPS and an odd mode change

Andrew Church achurch at achurch.org
Tue Oct 30 15:04:29 PDT 2007

>I registered a new user named testingnickname, created and registered
>a new channel called #testingchannel. testingnickname was not added to
>the access list. SECUREOPS was turned on for the channel, and
>testingnickname opped.
>
>[Oct 30 00:44:25.958408 2007] debug: Received: :res0 G #testingchannel
>+o testingnickname
>[Oct 30 00:44:25.958585 2007] debug: Sent: :ChanServ MODE
>#testingchannel -oa testingnickname testingnickname

Sorry if I wasn't clear--I'll need to see the entire portion of the log
beginning with the nickname and channel registration and ending with
these mode change lines, since there may be something odd happening at
the protocol level in that interval.

>I've been glancing through the relevant code sections and can't seem
>to see anything either, but I'm wondering about the section on line 34
>in modes.c where you only have o and v listed for channel user modes.
>Isn't that array used to generate the flags in check_access_cumode?
>I'm relatively new to this codebase.

Those are the only modes common to all IRC servers, so they're the only
ones listed in that file; protocol modules add modes as necessary.  See
section 2-6-4 of the technical manual for details:
    http://www.ircservices.za.net/docs/tech/2.html#s6-4

  --Andrew Church
    achurch at achurch.org
    http://achurch.org/