[IRCServices] Bug Report - IRCServices-5.1.10

Robin Burchell robin at en2no.com
Sun Dec 30 17:51:18 PST 2007

That's (generally speaking) partly a limitation with Unreal.

A nicer timestamping implementation (such as that offered by
hybrid/ratbox/inspircd/other) removes all modes when a channel
creation time is set 'older', generally done when ChanServ joins (i.e.
a good idea would be to send a timestamp dating to when the channel
was registered), which would remove all the hacked modes automatically
(in addition to the ops, without any intervention from ChanServ),
leaving the channel back in good condition

For more information on how this works (one paragraph doesn't do it
justice), see http://www.inspircd.org/wiki/InspIRCd_Spanning_Tree_%281.2%29#FJOIN

Unfortunately, Unreal doesn't remove hacked modes in these conditions,
nor does the server protocol of Unreal 3 allow for it.

It would probably be possible to create a workaround for IRCds that
don't support this by checking on each MODE set for appropriate
permissions and reversing the mode changes where necessary, but I am
unsure how much overhead this will place on processing, nor am I sure
that bouncing will be foolproof under all conditions..