[IRCServices] XML Export Clarification

Alex Miles xfadedintheblackoutx at gmail.com
Sun Apr 6 09:22:06 PDT 2008

Hello all,

This is my first post on any mailing list... ever. So forgive me if I've
missed some major ettiquette conventions, it's unintentional.

My question relates to the XML export functionality of ircservices. Having
tested the httpd based XML export, I did indeed experience the services
"freeze" symptoms the manual warns about.

As I am currently testing on a "live" install, I don't want to repeat this,
but the wording in the manual is somewhat ambiguous as to whether the
command line -export=filename will cause the same behaviour, as it also
mentions database information changing, and shutting the server down before
exporting.

Can I use the command line -export option to export the services database
while ircservices is running and connected to a network?

Also, does anyone have any experience with modifying the database services
uses in real time? Ideally I'd like external applications to have access to
constantly up-to-date information from services.

Current Version Info:
IRC Services 5.0.50 with Unreal3.2.4

Thanks.

Alex