[IRCServices] Testing

Ian R. Justman ianj at ian-justman.com
Thu May 7 00:51:38 PDT 2009

Ian R. Justman wrote:

> Hi, all.
>
> Just an FYI, I need to test the list to make sure it works after
> migrating from a hand-rolled install of Mailman to a packaged one.  Wish
> me luck!
>
> --Ian.

A bit more explanation of what's going on:

About a week and a half ago, I upgraded the operating system from Ubuntu
Intrepid Ibis to Jaunty Jackalope.

I had been using Mailman 2.1.9 under Python 2.5.x on the system before
the upgrade.  Now, I'm running Ubuntu Jaunty Jackalope which now
packages Python 2.6.x as its default Python interpreter.  As a result,
it was dying on one of the modules (specific-hashing algorithms purpose
modules being deprecated in favor of one unified module).  Rather than
mucking around and hand-installing ANOTHER version of Mailman (which was
giving me fits), I gave up and just installed the packaged one instead
(2.1.12).

Now that everything is in place, thing should be working again as they
should.  If anyone has any trouble or sees anything strange, please
notify Andy or me know ASAP.

Thanks for bearing with me!

--Ian.

--
Ian R. Justman
UNIX hacker.  Anime fan.  Any questions?