[IRCServices Coding] v5.0a7 - sline module

Mark Hetherington mark at mhetherington.demon.co.uk
Fri Dec 14 07:51:22 PST 2001

Had similar problems myself. After some digging, it seems the reason for the
'unknown directives' is that they are stored in the table for the main
configuration (services.conf parser init.c) rather than the module
configuration (modules.conf parser operserv/main.c) so when parsing the
operserv directives, the configuration parser has no access to their
definitions. The configuration reoutine seems to ignore errors such as this
so ultimately it should not stop services coming online, but I will result
in those directives being ignored.

Maybe the message should be altered to 'Ignored unknown directive %s' or
'Unknown directive %s ignored'

It may be a rather trivial cut/paste to address the issue but I have not
investigated this any further at this time.

The sline problem you have experienced suggests you have not loaded a
protocol for services. Check services.conf and add in an appropriate
LoadModule protocol/protocolname. See the comments in that section for
information.

Mark.