[IRCServices Coding] Services 5.0 alpha 9 released

Russell Garrett rg at tcslon.com
Tue Dec 25 11:14:58 PST 2001

>      Okay, that was a stupid one... an off-by-one error in
> a memcpy() size
> argument.  Fixed, thanks; the patch is as follows:

Thanks

> appear in the middle of a password.  Thus, passwords are
> stored as raw
> buffers of data (properly XML-encoded).

Fair enough, just wondering what they were doing :)

>      You should probably look into what check_access_cumode()
> (modules/chanserv/access.c) is doing; that part of the
> code has been
> thoroughly redone and gotten almost no testing.  I'm not
> sure what would
> cause the autovoice level to get set to 0.

Ahh, I wasn't very clear there - the autovoice level was set to 0 on
the version 4 services by my chanops to make it easier to silence
certain users :). On the v5 net, with both the xOP and Levels modules
loaded, nothing happens to level 0 users, and users previously
autoopped (levels 5+) are all set mode +hq (insofar as that there is
more than one +q user in the room...).

Just a few more things that I've noticed:

- The news.db database (imported from version 4) corrupted rather
easily the first time I sent services a SIGTERM. Now I get [Oper
News - Jan 01 1970] (null).

- The /os rehash command doesn't seem to rehash very many
configuration options. I could be wrong, but I don't think I've seen
any of the modules.conf options updated using this command.

- httpd/auth-password doesn't seem to work at all for me:
Module httpd/auth-password
    AuthName            "PhaseNet Test IRC Services"
    Protect     /debug          "quack:quack"
    Protect     /dbaccess       "quack:quack"
EndModule

No auth box is presented

- The httpd/dbaccess module is very useful for debugging
access/levels problems such as the above, but it would be quite handy
to have a http://serviceshost/dbaccess/chanserv/chan/levels page,
showing the xOP levels sometimes.

That's about all for the moment ;),

Russ Garrett (russ at garrett.co.uk)