[IRCServices Coding] Enforced nicknames

Andrew Church achurch at achurch.org
Fri Jan 25 13:57:10 PST 2002

>> > I see many people using the changed nicknames. (XXX-number in our net
>).
>> >It may be useful to kill them after.. lets say.. X minutes...
>>
>>      Why?
[...]
>*** XXX-19155941152125 has been idle 4666 minutes, signed on at Tue Jan 2
>
>Those users are not going to change their nicks unless forced

     And again I ask: why is this a problem?  If they want to stay with
the guest nicks, I see nothing wrong with that.  You can't register them
anyway.

>p.s. Do you know if it is safe to q-line XXX-* ? Afaik SVSNICK still work
>s, but is it ok?

     Yes, there's no problem with adding Q:lines to servers for this.
Using the SQLINE command for this does _not_ work at the moment (Services
will get into an infinite loop guesting people), but I'll fix this sooner
or later.

  --Andrew Church
    achurch at achurch.org
    http://achurch.org/