[IRCServices Coding] More bugs

Russell Garrett rg at tcslon.com
Fri Feb 1 11:44:31 PST 2002

I have a confession to make.... Last night I was bored, so I set up a
test box and linked IRCServices 5 into my "live" network. Well, to be
honest, it's not particularly live with only 15 users, but services
hasn't caused a single problem (and yes, I know services are
unsupported, and I won't whinge if anything goes wrong :), and having
it on a live net with users does make it easier to find any bugs. I'm
pretty confident that these services are beta-quality now.

Well I lie a bit, because I did find a few small bugs I probably
wouldn't have noticed on my testnet:

chanserv: It seems that the /cs set secureops option doesn't work -
it is set but it doesn't take effect - I had a (very) quick browse
through the code and couldn't find anything obviously amiss.

operserv: Minor documentation bug in lang/en_us.l on line 4510:
        Limited to ^BServices admins^B.
/os raw is now limited to services root, so this is wrong.

operserv: I noticed the undocumented /os LISTIGNORE function. If this
is to remain undocumented (and I don't see why it shouldn't - it has
no non-debugging use as far as I can see - correct me if I'm wrong),
it would probably be better restricted to the services root and put
inside an #ifdef DEBUG_COMMANDS, or it should be documented.

Thanks,

Russ Garrett (rg at tcslon.com)