[IRCServices Coding] More bugs

Andrew Church achurch at achurch.org
Sun Feb 3 01:44:51 PST 2002

>I have a confession to make.... Last night I was bored, so I set up a
>test box and linked IRCServices 5 into my "live" network. Well, to be
>honest, it's not particularly live with only 15 users, but services
>hasn't caused a single problem (and yes, I know services are
>unsupported, and I won't whinge if anything goes wrong :), and having
>it on a live net with users does make it easier to find any bugs. I'm
>pretty confident that these services are beta-quality now.

     Well, as long as you don't complain I don't mind. (:

>chanserv: It seems that the /cs set secureops option doesn't work -
>it is set but it doesn't take effect - I had a (very) quick browse
>through the code and couldn't find anything obviously amiss.

     Works for me; are you sure it wasn't just a MergeChannelModes delay?

>operserv: Minor documentation bug in lang/en_us.l on line 4510:
>        Limited to ^BServices admins^B.
>/os raw is now limited to services root, so this is wrong.

     Thanks, I'll fix this when I go back to the language file.  (I've made
a lot of typo fixes since alpha 17, and I want to keep content fixes
separate to make things easier on translators.

>operserv: I noticed the undocumented /os LISTIGNORE function. If this
>is to remain undocumented (and I don't see why it shouldn't - it has
>no non-debugging use as far as I can see - correct me if I'm wrong),
>it would probably be better restricted to the services root and put
>inside an #ifdef DEBUG_COMMANDS, or it should be documented.

     I'm aware of this; the entire ignore system is broken, and has been
that way for who knows how many years.  I'm hoping to get around to fixing
it by the time a beta goes out, but who knows.  In any case, I'll deal with
this at the same time.

  --Andrew Church
    achurch at achurch.org
    http://achurch.org/