[IRCServices Coding] Services 5.0 alpha 20 -- you know you want it

Jollino jollino at sogno.net
Fri Feb 8 07:32:08 PST 2002

Venerdì, febbraio 8, 2002, alle 03:03 , Andrew Church ha scritto:

>>> 2002/02/08	Made ChanServ STATUS command available to normal users.
>> this is cool, but if the network allows use of sop/aop/hop/vop it
>> should
>> return "sop" or "aop" or something like that, if the user level falls
>> into the standard value (eg. 50 for aop); this would allow users that
>> know nothing about numeric levels to still understand what privileges
>> someone has.
>
>      This isn't just a problem with STATUS but with a whole bunch of
> stuff
> (help messages etc.) and I'm hoping to get to it eventually.
well, about the status (forgive the little off-topic here), wouldn't
something like this work?
  level = status(nick, channel); /* ok i haven't read the code, but level
is the numeric level ;) */
  if (level == chanlevel(autoop, channel))
    strlevel = "aop";
[what strange language is this? :P]

>> that's all, i have no more critic ideas.. your work is so perfect i
>> can't really find anything bad about it :P
>
>      Well, for one, the module system is horribly designed, but it's the
> best I can do with limited time, just like everything else.  I guess
> all I
> can say is look forward to version 6.0, or something (:
and i still use 4.5.38 :D
btw, YAFS (yet another feature suggestion): wouldn't it be cool if
statserv generated html pages about the status of the network during
time, maybe with graphics? pretty much like netsplit.de does, but with
smaller time intervals (e.g. every 15 mins or so), to get a real idea of
how the network is doing.

c'ya!
--
Jollino [jollino at sogno dot net - jollino at chieti dot ch]
IRC Operator on irc.discussioni.org