[IRCServices Coding] More bugs and suggestions for Version 5.0

Thomas J. Stensås ShadowMaster at Shadow-Realm.org
Wed Feb 13 20:01:39 PST 2002

On Wednesday 13 February 2002 22:52, you wrote:
> some ircd allow channel name to not start with a #, so making services only
> restrict channel management to channel that start with a # can be a draw
> back.
>
> like on efnet, some channel here on my list start with a &. :P

And like on EFnet, &Channels are local channels to your server only. Hence
services cant manage them since the channel does not exsist outside the
server you are on. If you join a second server on the same network, joining
the same &Channel will in fact be a different channel, and you wont see
anyone from the &Channel with an identical name on the first server.

+ and ! are other used channel prefixes, but wheter services should allow
management of such global channels have to be considered out from their
function.

--
Yours Sincerely

Thomas Juberg Stensås

-- What we do in life echoes in eternity.

DMCA?  Who cares?  http://thefreeworld.net/