[IRCServices Coding] Logging Questions/Suggestions

Elijah admin at nevernet.net
Wed Feb 20 21:18:32 PST 2002

While I know there's quite a simple fix for this, would it be possible
to forget about services logging unknown messages or is there some
greater purpose for them being logged? I've just noticed that if a lot
of activity takes place in ChatOps or any other "unusual" server
notices, they're all logged and can take up a great deal of space. Also,
what about a config option to either enable or disable NickServ/ChanServ
logging of every identify command being issued? When you get a healthy
number of users this creates an enormous amount of garbage in the
logfile, which could be useful at times but in general is just excess
and a waste of disk space (imho).

Just some questions, or suggestions I guess.

Elijah
NeverNET IRC