[IRCServices Coding] Another database bug (a.k.a bang goes my nicks.db again ;)

Mark Hetherington mark at ctcp.net
Thu Feb 28 06:26:58 PST 2002

Russell Garrett wrote:
> > This is not a bug. I posted about this last night
> > explaining that it could
> > happen and how to "fix" it. Just shutdown services and
> > bring them back
> > online and your database will be fixed.
>
> I've tried this about three times, and it still shows the error. Any
> ideas?

That's odd. Do you get an error during startup of services when it first
reads the databases?

e.g.

"IRC Services 5.0a23 starting up
database/version4: Ignoring nickgroup 0 (bug in previous versions)"

Or are you just getting the "database/version4: BUG: nickgroup with ID 0
found during write (skipping)" error?

--
Mark.