[IRCServices Coding] Another database bug (a.k.a bang goes my nicks.db again ;)

Russell Garrett rg at tcslon.com
Thu Feb 28 07:06:18 PST 2002

>      Well, that probably means the bug that creates the
> bad nickgroup entry
> is still sitting around somewhere, biding its time until
> it jumps up and
> eats all of us alive.

Eek :) Just to say that debugmode isn't providing any more clues -
and, if it's any help, this is the (probably related) bug I was about
to report originally - chunks are missing out of the XML export:

<nickinfo>
<nick>Russ[away]</nick>
<status>0</status>
<last_usermask>~rg at apollo.final-conflict.net</last_usermask>
<last_realmask>~rg at apollo.final-conflict.net</last_realmask>
</founder>
<successor>0</successor>
<founderpass>[channel founder pass]</founderpass>
<desc>[description]</desc>
<time_registered>1014809705</time_registered>

Nickinfo here seen running straight into a channelinfo - the bits it
misses out are different every restart.

With regards to the statserv stuff - I have a feeling those "New User
Count" messages come up every time services starts up without the
statserv module loaded - I might have a go moving from my
heavily-hacked copy of OperStats to a modified StatServ module if I'm
bored :).

Russ Garrett