[IRCServices Coding] need help with ircservices with UnrealIRCD 3.2

Kelmar K. Firesun kfiresun at ix.netcom.com
Tue Mar 5 12:19:46 PST 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "Russell Garrett" <rg at tcslon.com>
To: <ircservices-coding at ircservices.za.net>
Sent: Tuesday, March 05, 2002 2:14 PM
Subject: RE: [IRCServices Coding] need help with ircservices with UnrealIRCD
3.2

> >hi everybody, im oXez
> >i installed UnrealIRCD and IRCServices.4.5.39 and i
> >have a little question...
> >when im logging to the services (/operserv su (password)) i want
> >that when i /whois myself i can see: oXez is a Services Root
>
> This should really go to the ircservices at ircservices.za.net list, not
> the coding one.
>
> It's really an ircd problem, not a services query. From my limited
> knowledge of Unreal3.2 (before I was converted to Bahamut ;) I'd say
> that there is no automatic "is a Services Root" statement (I may be
> wrong). It would require modifications on the ircd (hmmm...bloat) or
> in services (in the form of an SWHOIS command - not standard with
> what happens with other user states though).

Nope you are correct.  The Services Administrator tag that some
daemons have, noteably Bahamut & DreamForge, use a +Aa user modes.

Thus when someone does a /whois on a +Aa user they get the
"Is a Server/Services Admin" message.

Services in of itself does not process the /whois command.

Kelmar K. Firesun (IRL: Bryce Simonds)
Acting Admin: dream.esper.net