[IRCServices Coding] 5.0a24 and +S clients

Mark Hetherington mark at ctcp.net
Tue Mar 12 15:31:53 PST 2002

This is much better in 5.0a24 and if a +S client is on the network when
Services joins, it correctly ignores the client and does not change it's
modes. :)

However, if the +S client joins after services is running, services will
enforce modes against it:

In channel:
*** StatServ (stats at stats.xxxxx.net) has joined #stats
*** stats.xxxxx.net sets mode: +o StatServ
*** StatServ sets mode: +a StatServ
*** ChanServ sets mode: -ooa StatServ StatServ StatServ

In services.log:
unknown message from server (:StatServ n StatServ +Sq)

Andrew, anything specific I should look for that would help nail this one
down? I am guessing that services misses the /mode +S issued by StatServ,
and the error message in the log suggests this is what is happening. I am
going to check the StatServ startup code now to see exactly what it thinks
it is sending.

--
Mark.