AW: [IRCServices Coding] Modules?

Yusuf Iskenderoglu uhc0 at rz.uni-karlsruhe.de
Tue Apr 2 12:27:07 PST 2002

TR-IRCD is the name of the ircd & services development line, of
which I am the main coder.

To keep it short, the ircd versions 3.x and 4.x are based on
Bahamut. In order not to convert this mailing list to a publicity
list, I do not explain what changes it has, you can read them all
on http://tr-ircd.sourceforge.net or http://www.tr-ircd.net

The version 5.x is no longer directly based on anything, but you
will notice hybrid-7 influenced code at most, and it has unique
technologies like modular channelmodes, which do not exist on
any other ircd. It also incorporates a "run as" technique which
makes it be able to support Bahamut both pelennor and halcyon by
disabling extra features and using protocol modules.

The services development was started to make ircservices compatible
with the ircd. Thanks Andrews protocol module idea, ircservices 5.x
is able to support trircd, and the TR-IRCD team therefore decided
to stop services development after ircservices 5.x is released.

Hoping that noone is disturbed with this email, since it does not
have anything directly to do with ircservices coding...

Regards;
yusuf

| Yusuf Iskenderoglu                | You get to meet all sorts,     |
| eMail - uhc0 at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de| in this line of work...        |
| eMail - s_iskend at ira.uka.de       |                                |
| ICQ UIN : 20587464 \ TimeMr14C    |                                |

ing

---