[IRCServices Coding] Cygnus

Andrew Church achurch at achurch.org
Thu Apr 11 13:39:28 PDT 2002

     I still haven't heard of a _real_ network with 100k users, but even
assuming that's comparable to a real-world circumstance, Services frankly
isn't designed to handle that many users.  I haven't put any focus at all
on speed in version 5.0, either--my priorities are (1) get it working and
(2) get it stable and secure.  If it works with 100k users, great, if not,
don't use it; unlike some people (*cough*M$*cough*) I don't claim my
software is the best for every imaginable circumstance.

     Also, it's worth noting that Services' I/O engine has been completely
redesigned for 5.0, so any comparisons done with 4.x don't count.

  --Andrew Church
    achurch at achurch.org
    http://achurch.org/