[IRCServices Coding] ircservices5.0a28 various

Andrew Church achurch at achurch.org
Thu Apr 11 23:33:13 PDT 2002

>[Apr 10 18:39:18 2002] IRC Services 5.0a28 starting up
>[Apr 10 18:39:20 2002] modules.conf:384: Unknown directive
>`SessionLimitAkill'
>
>I don't know if this just isn't being mentioned on the list or what..
>changed to SessionLimitAutokill, it works.

     This directive had its name changed a few releases back; you'll need
to update your config files.

>[Apr 10 18:49:30 2002] protocol/bahamut: WARNING: missing IP address for new
>nick Irch
>This happens when you use bahamut's oper hostmasking.  I guess bahamut
>doesn't send the IP when connecting with a masked host.

     What is oper hostmasking, anyway?

>Also, should non-AUTH'd nicks be set kill enforced?  This setting gets
>applied to new nicks if specified in the config.  Shouldn't the default
>settings be applied after the nick is fully registered?

     Good point.

>[Apr 10 18:54:04 2002] mail/smtp: Connection to server broken for socket
>0x8151e80
>smtp still doesn't work for FreeBSD. I guess.  I havn't had time to dig into
>this one.

     I'll try and find time for this, but if you or someone else could take
a closer look it would help.

>And finally.. a switch to turn of the annoying /ns(cs,ms,os) HELP COMMANDS
>would be nice.  There was nothing wrong with /ns HELP.  I expect all the
>people who issue a help follow it up with a help commands anyways.

     HELP COMMANDS is there because it was impossible (well, close enough)
to deal with changed to the command list from modules getting loaded and
unloaded otherwise.  Plus, I can see plenty of cases where you might want
to do a HELP COMMANDS without the extra junk from HELP.  HELP COMMANDS
stays.

  --Andrew Church
    achurch at achurch.org
    http://achurch.org/