[IRCServices Coding] Cygnus

Andrew Church achurch at achurch.org
Fri Apr 12 10:17:05 PDT 2002

>>      As mentioned above, commands have more overhead (mostly because they
>> use callbacks), so any comparisons done with 4.x don't count even more.
>
>That and loadable modules, which would have the additional overhead of
>context switching.  *shudder*

     Er, modules and context switching have nothing to do with each other.
The only overhead outside of callbacks used by modules is when actually
modules statically which dramatically reduces that overhead.  (On second
thought, that's not _quite_ true because there are cases where you have
to look up symbols in other modules, but I've tried to keep those to a
minimum so they shouldn't significantly impact anything.)

  --Andrew Church
    achurch at achurch.org
    http://achurch.org/