[IRCServices Coding] Services 5.0 alpha 29 released

Craig McLure frostycoolslug at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 17 04:41:28 PDT 2002

I (as i guess would the rest of this list..) would like to thank Andy for
continuing to do a great job with services even though his job has been
busy.. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!! :D

>From: achurch at achurch.org (Andrew Church)
>To: ircservices-coding at ircservices.za.net
>Subject: [IRCServices Coding] Services 5.0 alpha 29 released
>Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2002 17:21:33 JST
>
>      Same old, same old.  In response to the earlier question on when it
>will go beta: I'm hoping to get most of the remaining issues out of the way
>around the end of this month or the beginning of May (Golden Week in Japan,
>which is a one-and-a-half week period with no less than 4 holidays), so by
>June would be my best guess now.  I know this is a lot later than I had
>originally said, but my job's gotten busy lately, so hey, what can you
>do...
>
>Version 5.0 alpha 29
>--------------------
>2002/04/17	Fixed a warning in modules/nickserv/main.c.
>2002/04/17	NickServ AUTH now keeps track of bad authorization codes,
>		   and kills users for multiple attempts as with passwords.
>2002/04/17	SQlines are now checked after nickname changes.
>2002/04/17	Fixed cosmetic bug with EXCEPTION LIST on an empty list.
>2002/04/17	Fixed security hole with guest nicks allowing users to
>		    evade Services' notice.
>2002/04/17	Added autokill exclusion support to xml-import.
>2002/04/14	Fixed a cosmetic bug in the configure script.
>2002/04/12	Newly-registered nicks no longer have kill protection set
>		    when not authorized (when the mail-auth module is in
>		    use).  Reported by Ben Goldstein <beng at nc.rr.com>
>2002/04/12	Fixed bug in NickServ AUTH replies.
>2002/04/12	Fixed improper warning when loading channel database.
>		    Reported by Mark Hetherington <mark at ctcp.net>
>2002/04/10	Fixed bugs in trircd-services database conversion support.
>		    Reported by Yusuf Iskenderoglu <uhc0 at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de>
>
>   --Andrew Church
>     achurch at achurch.org
>     http://achurch.org/

Craig McLure
Craig at e-tidalwave.org
WaveAdmin on the e-tidalwave IRC Network
Network Administrator of the ChatSpike IRC Network
Ride the Wave! www.e-tidalwave.org