[IRCServices Coding] Thinking this is a bug

Russ Garrett rg at tcslon.com
Fri Apr 26 11:40:22 PDT 2002

Panagiotis Kefalidis ( Gizm0 ) wrote:

>Try setting mlock +mnpstrOM on a channel.Leave it empty and then join it
>again.The services will set +mnpstrOM BUT the +p(private) won't appear if
>you list the modes of the channel although the services HAD set it.This
>doesn't happen when a channel is set mlock without the +O mode.If you set
>mode +p on the channel,part and join it again,it doesn't work either.This
>happens in two of my Operators Only channels #admins and #services.If i
>join #darkness the +p mode works perfectly as the #darkness doesn't have
>+O mode.I believe the reason causing this to occur, is the +O mode.

Hi :)

Are you sure it's not the +s mode causing the problem, as +p and +s are
mutually exclusive - you can't have a channel with +ps set, the ircd
will always get rid of the +p. God knows why +s includes the functions
of +p....

+p = doesn't show to non-opers
+s = +p AND doesn't show in users' whois - overrides +p

Russ Garrett (russ at garrett.co.uk)
http://www.faereal.net