[IRCServices Coding] Mode Merging

Andrew Church achurch at achurch.org
Tue May 21 15:08:43 PDT 2002

     This is documented in the configuration file, and the option is off by
default, so I don't see a problem with this.  If it troubles you, by all
means, turn it off.  Services will still collect mode changes for a single
command (e.g. first user joining a channel, or multiple users in an SJOIN).
Additionally, even with MergeChannelModes, Services will reverse any mode
changes made by users who have a deop pending.  It won't do that for the
topic, but there's always SET TOPICLOCK ON if that becomes a problem and
you don't want to disable MergeChannelModes.

  --Andrew Church
    achurch at achurch.org
    http://achurch.org/