[IRCServices Coding] call to introduce_users

fabulous fabulous at t7ds.com.br
Mon May 27 07:52:10 PDT 2002

Something that's not very important, but has caused a bit of trouble for
me is the time when introduce_users is called.
IRCServices (4.x or 5.x) should wait for the hub to reply the
password(and compare it, why not?) before sending it's pseudo-clients
(nickserv,chanserv,etc).

Actually it sends it's SERVER information and right after start flooding
the hub with its client information without waiting for the 'PASS' command.
This create a problem with some ircds that won't accept this initial
flood and will just ignore it causing a introduce_user loop right after
the linking.

The way I fixed it was creating a m_pass function and calling
introduce_user in it instead of calling it from the main routine.

Here is the m_pass :]

static void m_pass(char *source, int ac, char **av)
{
    if (ac < 1)
        return;
    if (!strcmp(av[0], RemotePassword)) {
        introduce_user(NULL);
    } else
        fatal("Invalid password received from hub: %s", av[0]);
}

[]'s