[IRCServices Coding] Concerns with sendpass

Ben Goldstein beng at nc.rr.com
Thu May 30 11:46:17 PDT 2002

1) In order to sendpass, you have to be using the nick you want to retreive
the password for.  If someone else is online using your nickname, you're
stuck.

2) When you request a sendpass, your email address is shown to you.  This
would typically a good thing,  but this means I can go around and get
anyone's email address and spam away, getting around SET HIDE EMAIL.  I
suggest not showing the address if HIDE EMAIL is set, or either requiring
the user to /ns sendpass <nick> <email>.

3) Not related to sendpass but to AUTH: I am thinking an OS SET switch to
suspend pending AUTH-expirys might be good in case your ISP is having mail
problems. This might only be a problem on larger networks, but then again
they are more likely to have their own mailserver.. *shrug*

Some things to think about.

-- Ben Goldstein (beng at nc.rr.com)

btw, good work as always, Andrew.