[IRCServices Coding] Version 5 Beta Segfaults (warning, newbie submitter)

Daffy_Duc daffy at daffy.za.net
Sat Jun 1 04:05:49 PDT 2002

Hey people
I've run into a teeny problem and I was hoping that someone out there would
be able to help me.

I've been trying to get version 5beta running for a while now with no luck.
I was following the version 5alpha releases very closely and playing around
with them, but while version 5 was in alpha it was working fine on my old
redhat machine.

I recently installed Debian on a new machine that I had lying around and now
I cant get ircservices 5 working, not even one of the alpha versions.
Perhaps I'm missing a library of some sort.

Im running Debian, so I used the .deb package and it gave the same error as
below, so I tried to install it from the source, but still did the same
thing.

<Begins large dump of hopefully useful info>

Versions:
ii  gcc            2.95.4-14      The GNU C compiler.
ii  make           3.79.1-14      The GNU version of the "make" utility.

What happens:
ircd at goliath:~/ircservices$ ./ircservices -debug
Segmentation fault

no log file is created, so I cant show any output from it.

I even recompiled with the option to core dump, and it didn't. Couldn't find
the core file anywhere