[IRCServices Coding] (no subject)

Andrew Church achurch at achurch.org
Thu Jun 13 14:24:54 PDT 2002

>> hello is this a bug or a mistake in the modules.conf
>> we have.
>>
>> when we try to connect to the http page this error is logged in the log
>> file.
>>
>> [Jun 02 21:19:02 2002] sockets: sock_new(): out of buffer space!
>> [Jun 02 21:19:02 2002] sockets: accept(4): Unable to create socket
>> structure (out of buffer space?)

     This is caused by Services itself running out of socket buffer space
(as set by the NetBufferSize directive in ircservices.conf), and has
nothing to do with the OS itself as other replies suggested.  This can
happen if you have too many sockets open at once, or if another socket has
a large write buffer (as can happen with e.g. the xml-export module).  Try
increasing the first parameter to NetBufferSize.

  --Andrew Church
    achurch at achurch.org
    http://achurch.org/