[IRCServices Coding] Feature Request (AUTOVHOST)

Shaun Guth l8nite at l8nite.net
Sat Jul 20 01:21:12 PDT 2002

Hi, I just recently switched from Epona to the latest IRCServices beta,
and I wanted to carry over a hack I had made to Epona...

I may have time to write this in a few weeks, but I'm posting the idea
here in the hopes that someone else has a spare couple hours and can add
it easily and more appropriately than I could.

The option is an AUTOVHOST for usernames - using the CHGHOST command to
the server (I know it works in unreal, don't know what other ircds
support it).

Here was the help text:
-NickServ- Syntax: SET [nickname] AUTOVHOST vhost
-NickServ-
-NickServ- Sets a vhost that will be activated whenever this user
-NickServ- identifies with NickServices.  If no vhost is given,
-NickServ- unsets the user's automatic vhost. If no nickname is given,
-NickServ- sets the autovhost for your nick.
-NickServ-
-NickServ- Limited to Services admins.

This was a cool and useful feature for both users and administrators (no
more editing a vhosts.conf, /rehashing, etc).

What do you think?

Shaun Guth