AW: [IRCServices Coding] Suggestion - Logonnews

Yusuf Iskenderoglu uhc0 at rz.uni-karlsruhe.de
Sat Aug 3 15:19:58 PDT 2002

Hi,

actually, I have another opinion in this issue.
I am not suggesting to remove logonnews, but there could be an
additional option of a memo sent to someone after registration.

That way, he could just not use logonnews, and be happy with the
registration memo, and the rest would continue using logonnews.

Moreover, the registration-hello memo, could include some
beginner-like information a la dalnet:

"Welcome to the blabla network, We wish you a happy chat. Feel
free to ask your questions in #blahelp"

This way, logonnews would not be blocked with such an information
and could be used for really news-like announcements.

Regards;
yusuf

| Yusuf Iskenderoglu                | You get to meet all sorts, |
| eMail - uhc0 at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de| in this line of work...    |
| eMail - s_iskend at ira.uka.de       |                            |
| ICQ UIN : 20587464 \ TimeMr14C    |                            |