[IRCServices Coding] Problems- char * Strings

Ardaen ardaen at subber.net
Sat Aug 17 23:22:46 PDT 2002

Hey all - Another newbie is here!

I keep getting crashes where it complains that a char* string has the value 0x10....
I fixed this, but I'm not sure what it means... help?

One place I ran into this: do_squit. I had to make it check argc because sometimes
the reason seemed to be blank/invalid causing services to go down.

This strings set to 0x10 also causes problems with stricmp() so I had to add a define
to do some checking before it is called. (redhat linux 7.2 dunno if that makes a diff)

Also-suggestion I found many users asked me for and seems to be useful:
remote nick identification: /nickserv identify [name] [password]
I personally don't get why they do that, but hey, I added it, it works, people happy.

BTW.. the auspices db conversion is now outta date, auspices has new annoying
ver. of chan.db (ver 8 instead of 7) not that it matters since the one I got is corrupt
but... for a final release people would probably want that.

Anyway, hope you dont mind my n00bishness,
-Ardaen
ardaen at subber.net