[IRCServices Coding] NickServ Suggestion..

Craig McLure frostycoolslug at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 19 07:24:43 PDT 2002

I dont know if any one got this the last time.. (i didnt), so i'll re-post
it :)

i've often had users coming to me after they set there only nickname access
list entry to their ISP, the previous way to fix it was to register a new
nickname, and link it, adding a new entry to the list. Now though, the only
options are either to wait for the nickname to drop itself, and hope they
can re-register it back quickly, or ask an oper. on large networks, this can
be annoying with all the users complaining that they either lost their
nickname, or cant access it.

Would it be possible to do a "remote" access add? such as /ns access <nick>
some lives much easier ;)

--
Craig McLure
Craig at chatspike.net
Network Administrator of the ChatSpike IRC Network.
ChatSpike, the users network! www.chatspike.net