[IRCServices Coding] A few things...

Dylan van der Merwe vandy2004 at uplands.mpu.co.za
Thu Sep 19 23:33:14 PDT 2002

Hi there.

* services.shadownet.za.net changed topic to 'blah blah (nick)'

What do you guys think about making it look like the following:

* ChanServ chaned topic to 'blah blah (nick)'

Personally that looks neater and for new users the above one can be
confusing. This happens when using the /CHANSERV TOPIC command as well as
when services links to the network and/or relink due to a netsplit. Its
basically just a cosmetic thing.

Also I was wondering if there is any chance that you can use the ChanServ
and NickServ SENDPASS option without enabling AUTH in NickServ when
registering?

Will there ever be a proxy module? Having a proxy scanner in services is a
really good idea because people don't have to use extra background processes
for a seperate scanner. Implementing a scanner like NeoBOPM would be great.
I know that if I want one I should code it myself but I am useless at
coding. I thought it would be a nice idea as this is the place for
suggestions.

Thanks for a great product. Having original featues, such as the NickServ
AJOIN command as well as the protocol for Unreal that resets all servers
time as to stop desynchs, is GREAT! IRC-Services 5 kicks!