[IRCServices Coding] Some IMHO usefull features

Ekim Engin ekim.engin at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Sat Sep 21 19:12:38 PDT 2002

Hi All,

I did some additions to the services I am using on my networks. I
thought it might be also a thing to think about for services 5

1. a reject mail feature, allowing services admins to give a wildcard
list of forbidden email addresses. This addresses may not be specified
while registering nicks. Its a common use that some stupid kiddies
register numerous nicks (100 a day)  to either nonexistent mails
(resulting in huge mail bounces) or using other mail addresses of other
networks ircadmins resulting in disturbing mail traffic with them.

2. a noreg feature for channels, allowing admins set a noreg flag for
certain channels. E.g. #*help*, this channels can be used but not
registered by users. So as a channel is registered by an operator the
channel acts as a normal channel, but if an user wants to get such a
channel registered, he gets a message that denies the registration to
him.

Greets Ekim
| Talesin aka Ekim Engin | ircadmin at ttnet.net.tr  |
|   IRC Administration   | http://www.ttchat.net  |
| TTNet Network (Turkey) | irc://irc.ttnet.net.tr |
|   < Chat begins as it ends - without reason >   |