[IRCServices Coding] Guest nick

Saturn saturn at jetirc.net
Tue Oct 1 19:04:01 PDT 2002

Fair enough answer, and it makes sense..

As to Dylan who was so thoughfully rude in his reply, i grant you that MAYBE
longer numerics would be useful on a big network, but even DALnet only needs
5 digits... that's potentially 100,000 Guest nicks at once...  I really
doubt there are any networks anywhere with the need for a 10-digit nick
(10,000,000,000 possible GUEST nicks)... I can understand from a
"randomized" point of view, so that it decreases the possibility of
collision, and once explained that way (thank you Andrew) it makes sense
there.  Dylan, I think most people would agree that the onyl stupid question
is the one that goes un-asked, and that it is simple rudeness that answers a
perfectly valid question with rudeness and sniping, calling it "stupid."
Go climb back under your rock.