[IRCServices Coding] Raw

Dylan v.d Merwe dylanvdm at icon.co.za
Mon Oct 7 09:59:56 PDT 2002

Heya peeps

This is just a quick enquiry of mine. I have heard from many people that
using RAW commands are bad. Of course I know they can wreak havoc. The one
thing I have also heard is that by using them you cause server desynchs. Is
this true? So if I had to type something like (for eg):

/operserv raw :nickserv SVSPART joHnny #Hanson,#pr0n

Would it cause a desynch or will things be the same as before I typed it?
One other thing. I'm using Unreal3.2 and in the /lusers operator count it
includes the services. Yes they do get remotely set +O but...

/operserv raw :chanserv SVSMODE nickserv -o

I would therefore be deopering all the various services. Does this matter as
it concerns certain users when they see such a high operator count? Would
they work the same as before? Just wondering because services have a U:line.

Thanks for your time

Dylan.