[IRCServices Coding] "secure" messaging of services / unreal 3.2 and forcible nick changes

Andrew Church achurch at achurch.org
Fri Oct 11 09:27:00 PDT 2002

>Is there a way to have services disallow usage of /msg nickserv command
>and so forth, and force the user to use /msg nickserv at services.blah.com
>command instead? I want to disallow usage of the old /msg nickserv style
>commands, and instead use the alias features of unreal to utilize
>/nickserv command, having the alias msg the full
>nickserv at services.blah.com.

     No.  I don't see the point to this; nobody else can use the
pseudoclient nicks anyway if your servers are configured correctly.
(Q:lines)

>Second question: will there be forcible nick changing functionality in
>services for unreal 3.2?

     This is available with most modern servers, Unreal included, but is
controlled by a configuration directive (NSForceNickChange).

  --Andrew Church
    achurch at achurch.org
    http://achurch.org/