[IRCServices Coding] operserv / akill

Dylan v.d Merwe dylanvdm at icon.co.za
Fri Oct 25 08:42:35 PDT 2002

Going back to the Unreal ircd issue. I personally think everybody looks for
different things to suit their own networks. I prefer Unreal over Bahamut
for example because it has more features, yet Bahamut is known to be very
good with large amounts of users. In my humble opinion the three main ircds
are very good for different situations and needs. Unreal is a very good ircd
and has many unique features and suits my network.
Unreal, Bahamut and Ultimate ircds are each good in their own right, and if
there is a problem then why not discuss it on the coders mailing list? I'm
not looking to be hammered by other people, as discussed  while back in
other topics, I'm just sharing my opinion. The coders have taken a great
deal of time and effort to develop something for us to use. It's the same as
services. Other packages are around but we choose ircservices because they
suit us. Others may not think so.

I congratulate each and every coder that makes something for us because I
appreciate their effort. The Unreal, Bahamut and Ultimate coders (and
others) plus Andrew and other services coders deserve an applause for doing
all they have done for us. Without them our networks wouldn't be the same.
So instead of us giving criticism, lets help make them better by giving
constructive comments. Everyone appreciates a pat on the back once in a
while.

:-)

Dylan.

Network Administrator / EB Member