[IRCServices Coding] New IRC Services project

Lucas Nussbaum lucas at lucas-nussbaum.net
Wed Dec 18 08:09:45 PST 2002

Hi,

After the discussions which took place those last days on those both
lists (epona mailing list, and ircservices coding mailing list), I
created a new project on sourceforge [1], named servicesng (Services
Next Generation).

We don't know exactly what we are going to do, but the resulting work
will at least include :
- botserv, either built-in or as a module
- SQL support for databases

Furthermore, we want this project to follow an Open development model,
as described in The Cathedral and the Bazaar. Everybody will be able to
contribute, etc.

We don't know yet how we are going to reach this point. Raised options
until now are :
- contribute to epona
- fork ircservices
- fork epona
- contribute to neostats
- fork neostats
- start something from scratch

A mailing list [2] has been created to discuss those issues. If you are
interested in taking part in this project, supporting it, using it (when
something will be done), or if you just like to read mail, subscribe to
it. After that, read the archives [3] to know what has already been
discussed.

[1] Project home page on SF.net (there's nothing on it currently)
http://sourceforge.net/projects/servicesng/

[2] servicesng-chat mailing list on sf.net
http://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/servicesng-chat

[3] servicesng-chat mailing list archives
(might not be available yet since the project was just created)
http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?forum=servicesng-chat
--
Lucas Nussbaum
IRC to MySQL gateway : http://www.lucas-nussbaum.net/thales/