[IRCServices Coding] calling another module's callback

Andrew Church achurch at achurch.org
Mon Jan 6 14:48:38 PST 2003

>On Thursday 26 December 2002 06:33 am, Andrew Church wrote:
>>      No; the callback ID (necessary for calling the callback) is privat
>e to
>> the NickServ module.  What do you need to call it for?
>
>well i know that callback basically returns a true/false if the given nic
>k is
>one of the services nicks... and i was thinking thats easier than if
>irc_stricmp(nick, s_NickServ) etc...

     Again, what would you need to know this for?  If you want to know
whether a given nickname is a real user or not, one way is to just call
get_user() on the nick; Services' nicks aren't stored in the user table
(this really ought to be documented somewhere, but I'm too busy right now),
so you can differentiate between real users and (Services nicks + nicks not
in use).

  --Andrew Church
    achurch at achurch.org
    http://achurch.org/