[IRCServices Coding] ircservices 5.0.6 possible bug...

Aragon Gouveia aragon at phat.za.net
Thu Jan 16 12:03:30 PST 2003

Hi,

I've spotted something of some concern.  If ircservices' uplink dies (ircd
dies) causing ircservices to shutdown, some (possibly all) data that has not
yet been updated to disk is lost.

I first noticed it when I added a gzline which caused the ircd to core dump
(heh) and ircservices to consequently shutdown.  When I brought it all back
up the gzline was not recorded in operserv's database.  I then tried
registering a nick and killing the ircd.  When I brought it all back up, the
nickname was not registered.

Shutting services down gracefully via a SIGTERM or the shutdown command
doesn't have the same effect.  Please look into this...

Thanks,
Aragon