[IRCServices Coding] Log function? where?

Andrew Church achurch at achurch.org
Thu Jan 23 13:27:10 PST 2003

>Where is the log function that operserv and the services call in order to
>write somthing it the .log file?

     The logging functions are in log.c.

>Can this be altered to it also send the error to a channel?

     Yes, but if you do this don't run in debug mode or you'll get into an
infinite loop (debug mode logs each line sent to the server).

>Do I have to create a psudoclient first or can it send directly to the channel?

     That depends on whether your particular IRC server allows servers to
send to channels, but it's probably safer to create one just in case.  See
the *Serv modules for examples of introducing a pseudoclient.

  --Andrew Church
    achurch at achurch.org
    http://achurch.org/